NBHE Curriculum Advisement NBHE would like to serve its members by providing a list of recommended curriculum choices.
Please note however, that this list is not exclusive. There are many excellent curriculum options available; this is simply a tool to help you get started. As a disclaimer, these resources have been recommended to the best of our knowledge and are suggested for your preview only.
- Saxon Math (all grades) Available at: http://saxonhomeschool.hmhco.com
- Joyce Burges’s Classifications of Science (if you are interested, please request a copy by e-mail at email@example.com)
- Apologia Available at: http://www.highschoolscience.com/
- Abeka Science Books (for reference only) Available at: http://www.abeka.com/
- A History of US series by Joy Hakim (an 11 book series that covers American history) Available at: amazon.com or visit Joy Hakim’s website
- Freedom: A History of US Disclaimer: These educational suggestions are recommended for your personal perusal only. Use your good judgment when reviewing or using these materials Available at: amazon.com
- History Revealed by Diana Waring (An integrated world history course for all ages, providing an outstanding look at God’s hand in the history of mankind) Available at: Revealed,381.aspxhttp://www.answersingenesis.org/PUBLICSTORE/catalog/History
- Reference History Books: Abeka History (only recommended if you use Joyce Burges Syllabus – e-mail us to request a copy)
- Prentice Hall Grammar and Composition Grade 8 (For junior-high and up) Available at: amazon.com
- Alpha Omega Publications Language Arts (all grades) Available at: http://www.aophomeschooling.com/
- Spelling and Vocabulary · Bob Jones Press Available at: http://www.bjupress.com/page/Home
Joyce Burges’s list of Recommended Biographies – an extensive collection of titles of influential Americans
(if you are interested, please request a copy by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org)