What our co-op are all about:
- Co-op is short for “cooperation”, a co-op is basically a group where families cooperate to provide a better education for their children
- Most NBHE co-ops provide educational classes for a wide age range of children
- Classes are taught by NBHE parents
- NBHE believes that any parent has the gifting and ability needed to teach: the key is selecting a class that you are interested in and that you believe will be fun and helpful – anything from cooking to economics!
- Every member of the family is encouraged to be a part of the co-op. NBHE particularly seeks to engage not only mothers, but also fathers and grandparents
- All co-op attendees are expected to participate in running the co-op – even if you are not teaching, you can assist in many other ways: babysit, clean, prepare snacks – everyone is vital to the success of the group
- NBHE co-ops not only foster the education growth of the child, but also promote building family to family relationships: NBHE co-op provide the perfect arena to meet and enjoy other homeschooling families
- NBHE co-ops provide a support group for parents – we believe that you as a parent need to seek the encouragement of being around other parents who share your passion
- NBHE co-ops encourage the organization of family friendly events – fieldtrips, couple’s night out, father daughter banquets, mother son luncheons, etc.
- The success of NBHE co-op is built on the involvement and dedication of parents
What our co-op(s) are not:
- Our co-ops are not a day care – parental participation is required
- Our co-ops do not replace the role of the parent, they simply supplement it
- Our co-ops do not replace schooling in the home – NBHE co-op usually meet on a bi monthly basis, thus most of the schooling continues to be done at home
- Our co-ops do not follow particular curriculum but rather the agenda is tailored to the needs of the individuals
Current NBHE Co-op locations
Huntsville – contact: Irene Tucker email@example.com
Baton Rouge –
Lancaster – contact: Donna Acosta, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas – contact: Carla Houston email@example.com
If you are interested in starting an NBHE co-op please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on how to start a co-op is available for NBHE members under the members log in page.